Rules Before Entering
NEUROPARK IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY. YOUR NZ$ 30 MEMBERSHIP FEE PAYS FOR THE WEBSITE, BOOKING SYSTEM, PAYPAL BUTTONS AND ALL OTHER ADMIN. FIELD CAN BE HIRED 30MIN AT NZ$ 8 OR FOR 1 HOUR AT NZ$12. THE TAKINGS FROM THE FIELD BOOKINGS ARE REINVESTED IN THE MAINTENANCE OF THE PARK, ITS STATIONS, FENCING AND ALL OTHER NEEDS AS SET IN OUR LEASE WITH LINZ.
THE NEUROPARK IS MONITORED WITH A SOLAR SECURITY CAMERA 24 /7! BEFORE YOU USE THE REHAB STATIONS PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ATTENDED A NEUROPARK OPEN DAY,ONLINE ZOOM SEMINAR OR WATCHED THE YOUTUBE “HOW TO USE” VIDEO YOU HAVE RECEIVED WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL!
AnimalPhysioNZ (and their approved & registered associates) are the only Registered Physio & Rehab Specialists to give physio and rehab treatment and / or treatment advice at Canine NeuroPark in Christchurch.
HAZARD SIGNS ARE PROVIDED AT ENTRY GATE, READ THEM CAREFULLY
IF YOU ENTER WITH MULTIPLE DOGS, THE DOGS MUST KNOW EACHOTHER AND HAVE BEEN PROPERLY SOCIALIZED WITH EACHOTHER BEFORE YOU VISIT THE NEUROPARK
AT LEVEL 4 EVENT THE NEUROPARK STAYS CLOSED
PARAGRAPH ONE – Rules to Enter Neuropark
1) All members will be required to read and sign a contract (accepting Terms & Conditions at Membership application) which will include this health and safety management plan.
2) Ensure you wear proper footwear when you enter the park
3) When you enter and leave the park be respectful to the next owner and dog and give each other space while curving around each other.
4) Unclick your dog from his/her harness once you entered and locked the gate behind you
5) REHAB STATIONS ARE FOR DOGS ONLY- if you have children with you, ensure they always stay next to you and off the stations while you work with your dog
5) Anyone using NeuroPark must remove all dog poo and rubbish
6) Rubbish bins will be provided in the park next to the entry gate
7) Rubbish bins are for dog excrement only!
8) If your dog digs please refill the hole as good as you can and tap soil down
9) Ensure you DO NOT run multiple dog(s) unattended; this could lead to injury such as muscle sprains, skin rips or even degloved tail- always ensure you have your dog(s) in view at all times
10) As a user, notify us if any repairs are required to the exercise equipment or scent garden immediately and it will be repaired promptly by management
11) Management will inspect the park daily; therefore, please be prepared that management may enter and check the NeuroPark
12) Any damage to fencing MUST BE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELY -The park will stay closed and repairs to semi-removable fencing will be repaired promptly by management
13) Any accident or Incident at NeuroPark must be reported using the provided Accident & Incident Report. A copy will be forwarded to a LINZ Representative, which is part of NeuroPark's contractual agreement with LINZ.
14) A First Aid Box will be available next to the entry gate for treatment of dew claw rips or skin rips- You must Notify Management if you used the First Aid Kit so we can refill it.
10) NeuroPark will be closed at Level 4 Covid-19 event
11) Any concerns that any member of the public has, will be able to contact management as these details will be made visible on the signage at the entry of the park
12) Management will review the Health and Safety Plan Policies and Procedures and Operation on a quarterly basis
• Mikado Branches Scent Garden: tripping hazard; could lead to sprains / muscle injury
• Raised Beds with Grasses: tripping hazard; could lead to sprains / muscle injury
• Rehab Stations: bumping into – tripping hazard; could lead to lacerations / sprains /
• Uneven Terrain & Steps: tripping hazard; could lead to sprains or breaks
• Entering Park Alone at Nigh: injury / personal attack; could lead to injury or attack
without help nearby
• Gate: contagious surface; could lead to covid-19 transmission
• Rubbish: contagious surface; could lead to illness, diarrhea,
Skin lacerations from sharp objects
• Multiple Dogs: over excitement; bumping, harsh play, strains, sprains,
• Dog(s) Running: slipping in curve; sprains / dew claw rip / bruising
• as per Paragraph one of the Health & Safety Management Plan; ensure you wear proper footwear when you enter the park as per #2
• keep children always next to you and off the Rehab Stations as per #5
• use the stations as per the open day seminar education or / and the “How to Use” YouTube Video provided to you with your NeuroPark Membership Approval
• Stay out of running dog(s) way; calm them down with nosework.
• WHEN YOU REHAB MULTIPLE DOGS, WHO KNOW EACHOTHER AND ARE WELL SOCIALIZED WITH EACHOTHER YOU MUST ENSURE THERE IS AT LEAST 1 PERSON TO 4 DOGS FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION.
• WHEN YOU REHAB MULTIPLE DOGS, YOU MUST WALK THE DOGS ON LEADS FROM YOUR CAR TO THE NEUROPARK IN A SUITABLE HARNESS KEEPING NECK AND SHOULDER AREAS FREE FROM PRESSURE
• IN LEVEL 2 & 3 COVID EVENT; ENSURE TO SANITIZE THE GATE LOCK AND HANDLE AND ALL SURFACE YOU TOUCH WITH THE PROVIDED SANITIZER
YOU MUST USE THE “NZ COVID TRACER APP” TO SIGN IN WHEN ENTERING NEUROPARK TO ENSURE CONTACT TRACING CAN FIND ALL USERS OF THE PARK
YOU MUST NOT ENTER NEUROPARK IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH A COVID 19 POSITIVE CASE
SHOULD YOU BE NOTIFIED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH THAT YOU HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT TO A POSITIVE COVID 19 CASE YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY INFORM THE NEUROPARK MANAGEMENT
• Rubbish bins will be emptied regularly while wearing gloves and surface disinfected
NEUROPARK ACCIDENT & INCIDENT REPORT
Name of Person:
Name of Dog: Breed: Age:
Date & Time of Incident:
First Aid Kit Use: Yes___ NO___
Lead to Vet Visit: Yes___ NO___
Lead to Doctor Visit: Yes___ NO___
Description of Incident:
Copy for LINZ sent: Yes___ Date sent: